Down And Out in the Magic Kingdom

Down And Out in the Magic Kingdom

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?
I thought the writing was well written enough for me to get hooked during the first chapter. I didn't quite understand what was happening in the prologue but once I got to chapter 1 I had a better understanding of the characters. I definitely would like to read more. I enjoyed the heavy use of descriptive wording. I really could imagine exactly where they were in the Magic Kingdom and new quite a bit about what was being talked about. I myself am an avid Disney World goer so I felt that I could relate to the characters.

2. What connection did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the story with which you were able to connect.
Like I mentioned earlier, I was only able to get through chapter 1 as I am a particularly slow reader. But, from what I read, I felt like I could connect to the character Lil the most. She seemed very passionate about her work as well as the parks as am I. She was also raised at Disney World, I was raised at Disneyland. I also found it fun that her boyfriend found it funny that she knew the Beatles because her parents gave her an "eclectic education" I feel the same way about  my parents. I often surprise people with my knowledge of older music.

3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?
I personally could see this possibly turning into a TV show although I know they wouldn't be able to film or share these secrets in that format because of Disney. But I think it would be neat to change it to something more broad so like the experiences behind the Magic. So like there could be the two main characters but it could be they encounter other people who also work there and talk about their experiences at the park. 

Comments

Popular Posts